The latest facts about health, fitness and nutrition based on science
By Dr Megan Chircop
A quick Bolognese sauce served over pastarised vegetables. Here, we have used a combination of zucchini, swede and Slendier (shirataki) spaghetti (essentially zero calorie high fibre pasta made out of konjac).
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Prepare a simple Napolitana sauce. See our top 5 recipes with tomatoes – a powerful antioxidant.
2. In a non-stick frypan, cook beef or pork mince. Stir frequently whilst breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Pastarise vegetables of your choice.
- We like swedes (also known as rutabaga) as a pasta substitute because it holds together and does not get mushy like other vegetables. It has a similar al-dente texture to pasta. Place pastarised swede in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with cling film and cook in the microwave for 1 minute to partially softened.
- Slendier pasta is great because it is essentially calorie-free but adds a whopping fibre hit to your dish as well as bulks out your meal, making your tummy feel satisfied without the added calories. See our philosophy on eating high-volume low-calorie dense food to manage your weight.
4. In the same pan that you cooked the mince, over medium heat toss in pastarised zucchini, swede and Slendier pasta. Stir for 1 minute to soften vegetables. Don't over do it otherwise the zucchini, in particular, will go mushy.
5. Spoon in napolitana sauce and cooked mince. Stir to coat pastarised vegetables.
6. Spoon in to bowls. Sprinkle over shavings of parmesan cheese.
YUM! A healthy comforting dish that the whole family will love.
You don't need to deny yourself of the food you love to transform your body (lose fat and/or build muscle). At Body Sculptors Australia we have tweaked many of your favourite recipes to be made lighter and healthier so you will enjoy every meal and thus achieve the body you desire as well as improve your overall health and well-being.
This Vegetable pasta Bolognese recipe is in line with our healthy food philosophy:
1) food must be tasty and delicious
2) meals must be high-volume low-calorie dense
These two features when combined means you will stick to your diet because the food is yummy and satisfying. Our meal plans are guaranteed to get you to your body goal.
Are you ready to transform your life, health and body for good with delicious meals?
Transform your life, health and body today
Feel fantastic again in your own skin by learning what foods your body needs to nourish itself
Please be respectful of other participants in the conversation. We'd love you to keep your comments respectful, friendly and relevant. Differences of opinion are welcome, but trolling and abuse of other commentators and the Body Sculptors Australia team is not, and will result in blacklisting.